Holy Cross Christian Nursery School is a Christian-based school emphasizing the importance of appropriate socialization and school readiness skills. To encourage development of the whole child, we believe in providing a nurturing environment that incorporates a mixture of both traditional and progressive practices to enhance learning. By using a multi-sensory approach, children are active members in their own learning which allows room for exploration and growth. We intentionally introduce an awareness of Jesus Christ to our children and their families by communicating how the Lord wants us to be the best we can be socially, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. The gospel message is a daily part of the curriculum which helps guide children to make healthy decisions for themselves and when being with others.
We believe that:
We believe that:
- Each student is entitled to an appropriate and safe environment for learning.
- Each child is unique and learns information in his/her own way and time.
- Each child should show respect for themselves, other children and staff members.
- Curriculum and programs need to be reviewed often to fit the needs of the children and the school.
- Families are an important component of a child’s learning and education.
The History of Holy Cross Christian Nursery School
Holy Cross Christian Nursery School has been in existence since the early 1960’s. Over the years, it has grown from one single classroom to five classrooms, a lunch room and a large all purpose/activity room. Our nursery school has provided a Christian curriculum for the community of Springfield and other surrounding towns. Many of our original students have enrolled their own children in our nursery school as well as most of our teachers. For over 55 years, Holy Cross Christian Nursery School has been welcoming children from the community and has become a landmark in the town of Springfield.